Friday, August 12, 2011

What we did after we found The Book of Mormon

When we came home from our honeymoon, I went to the church in Hingham, MA, where I had visited with my high school boyfriend.  It was a Monday afternoon, when people are not usually in the church building.  I walked in, and found Sister Lynette Howe, and her son.  They were working on some project there.  I asked if there were some missionaries I could talk to, and she gave me their phone number.  She also called them right away after I left, and by the time I got home, Thom had received a call from them.  We began discussions, and I believed (or had already known) everything they discussed with us!!  I had found the church in which I could believe ALL the doctrine!  We were baptized members on August 22, 1993.  Now, 18 years later, we are continuing our journey toward God, and Christ.  The last few years have been particularly wonderful, as Thom and I are focusing more and more on "cleaving-" becoming one with each other, and with Christ as a third person in our marriage.  We have also given our lives and our will over to our Heavenly Father.  We will go where He wants us to go and do what He wants us to do.  It has been amazing.

What I have shared with you so far has been the very beginning of our journey.  Now I will jump into some more regular blog messages about what we are discovering in this deeper part of our journey.  As we post, we will also revisit our "developing" days in our journey, where we experienced much struggle and trials.  Soon I will get Thom to share some of his thoughts.  One of his struggles has been being open enough to talk about his life.  He has been a very private person most of his life, and has grown much in this area.  At the moment, it is just a time issue.  You will hear from him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment